Configuration for Windows Mobile Ethernet Driveradmin
Disable “Advanced USB Functionality”
- Click Start
- Click Settings
- Click on Connections
- Click on USB to PC
- Uncheck “Enable Advanced USB Functionality”
- Click Ok.
Install Ethernet Cradle Driver
- Download and install Window Mobile Ethernet Driver from Portsmith.com
- Open the application by clicking on “Start”, “Programs”, open the “Communications” folder and click, “Ethernet Cradle Driver”
- Allow a minute for Ethernet driver to open, and the “Enable Cradle Driver” check box should be checked.
- Click OK to exit Ethernet Cradle Driver
- Click Start, then settings, and select the Connections Tab.
- Click the “Connections” icon, and then “Advanced” tab.
- Click on “Select Networks”
- Select “My Work Network” for both drop down selections.
- Click OK to exit the settings.
Connect and Power the PS6U1UHE
- Plug the 5v DC power adapter into the wall and then into the UHE
- Connect the Mini-A plug side of the USB cable to the UHE
- Connect the RJ-45 Ethernet cable to your network then plug it into the UHE adapter. Verify that the Network Activity lights respond.
- Connect the Mini-B plug into the bottom of the Trimble Nomad® Note that wall power does not need to be connected.
- On the Nomad screen, a clock icon will appear while Ethernet Cradle Driver connects to the network through the UHE.
- Open Internet Explorer, or any other network or Internet application to verify connection is working